WHAT IS THE AWARD?
The UACC Hero Award was created to recognize and honor exceptional dedication and outstanding contributions by an individual working in the University of Arizona Cancer Center. This award is focused on work that promotes and improves research and its associated processes. This award will be given as often as appropriate nominations are submitted. All awardees will be recognized on a plaque which will be displayed publicly within the University of Arizona Cancer Center as well as a personal award which will be presented to them with a $70 gift to the individual receiving the award.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Nominees must be current employees of the University of Arizona Cancer Center or faculty who hold a Cancer Center membership. Faculty and staff are eligible for nomination irrespective of length of service. UACC Hero Awardees are limited to one award.
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
Nomination of candidates for the UACC Hero Award may be made by any faculty or staff member at the University of Arizona or clinical partner organization.
INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED IN THE NOMINATING PETITION:
Required information to include:
- Names of the individual nominated
- Narrative statement describing the individual's exceptional contributions in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Outstanding Achievement on the Job (significant contribution in performing duties in excess of normal responsibilities)
- Exceptional Contributions towards the Effectiveness and Efficiency of Operations (actions that contribute to the maximum utilization of departmental resources)
- Outstanding Service to Other Employees, Patients or Visitors (actions that are especially helpful or make a good impression on others)
- Special Efforts in Promoting Workforce or Scientific Unity/Collaboration (actions that contribute to improving sensitivity to and implementation of Unity/Collaboration)
- Distinguished Efforts in Staff or Faculty Development/Training (actions that help provide employees with opportunities to learn and to be rewarded efforts in promoting and fostering a constructive and collaborative environment)
*Additional statement supporting the nomination from peers and co-workers are encouraged when submitting a nomination.
A diverse committee comprised of individuals not associated with the award nomination will be formed to review and evaluate all UACC Research Hero nominations. Qualified nominations for this award based will be reviewed based upon on the documentation submitted for qualifying criteria.
HOW TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS
A nomination can be submitted using the form below
UACC HERO AWARD
Criteria for this award addresses employee or faculty achievements in programmatic effort that have a significant impact on research at UACC. Nominees must be engaged in activities that support a combination of strategic efforts including collaboration, efficiency efforts, operational support, team morale-building, research or research-supportive activities, and staff / faculty mentoring, which promote excellence in research at UACC.
Outstanding Achievement on the Job - actions that constitute performance beyond expected standards, such as:
- producing high quality of work over an extended period of time.
- giving extra effort to complete a job or handle a heavier workload.
- filling in when unit is short-staffed.
- volunteering for and working on special projects.
- serving on a committee and contributing to its success.