*If you're donating online on in honor of a specific participant, please include their full first and last name in the Tribute Section.
Contact us for more information on training in Green Valley and Phoenix.
What is Better Than Ever?
Better Than Ever (BTE) is a grass-roots effort by The University of Arizona Cancer Center designed to encourage you to make fitness a regular part of life, and work to prevent cancer. We invite you to meet up with us each week to run, walk or bike as we train for local goal events, and raise funds for cancer research. We offer a welcoming, non-competitive atmosphere for all fitness levels. Our focus is on prevention, so you do not need to be a cancer survivor to participate. We want to help you feel "Better Than Ever!"
Run, walk, or bike to a healthier, happier you!
Join Better Than Ever with a $20 registration fee, and you can help the UA Cancer Center find cancer cures by raising money or making a donation. The fundraising goal is $250 per person. All proceeds stay in Arizona and are designated to support research at the UA Cancer Center.
By joining BTE, you not only make a difference in finding a cure, but you also make a difference in your own life. According to the National Institutes of Health, being physically active can considerably reduce your risk of developing cancer and other chronic diseases.
Better Than Ever resources include:
- Multiple weekly group/social training sessions
- Volunteer Team Leaders to guide participants
- Supportive environment
- Training schedule and training packet
- Bike skills and safety class – great for beginners! (fall session)
- Personal or team fundraising page, plus tips and suggestions
- Educational lectures and social events (fall session)
- Weekly e-newsletters during the season
- Free BTE shirt
- Discounts at local running/cycling shops
- Ability to support local cancer research
- A great opportunity to have fun, be fit and cure cancer!
Who can join BTE?
Individuals of all ages, sizes and abilities are welcome to join in the fun. Since its inception, BTE has encouraged more than 3,600 individuals to increase their fitness and has distributed $1.8 million in research