Dr. Bhattacharyya has been involved in gastrointestinal cancer research as a surgical pathologist for over 2 decades. He currently serves as Chairman of Pathology at the University of Arizona.
Dr. Bhattacharyya's prior experience as a G.I. pathologist provides high-level daily support/leadership in the tissue storage, routine histology including immunohistochemistry and digital imaging of tissue sections associated with his as Director of Tissue Acquisition and Cellular/Molecular Shared Resource at the University of Arizona Cancer Center. Additional contributions will include participation in quality control of the laboratory test utilization assays and contribution in tissue utilization in the program projects.
- Wen, F., A. Shen, R. Shanas, A. Bhattacharyya, F. Lian, G. Hostetter, and J. Shi, "Higher expression of the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein k in melanoma.", Ann Surg Oncol, vol. 17, issue 10, pp. 2619-27, 2010 Oct. PMCID: PMC2943057 PMID: 20499280
- Payne, C. M., H. Holubec, A. K. Bhattacharyya, C. Bernstein, and H. Bernstein, "Exposure of mouse colon to dietary bile acid supplement induces sessile adenomas.", Inflamm Bowel Dis, vol. 16, issue 5, pp. 729-30, 2010 May. PMID: 20135625
- Bartley, A. N., P. A. Thompson, J. A. Buckmeier, C. Y. Kepler, C-H. Hsu, M. S. Snyder, P. Lance, A. Bhattacharyya, and S. R. Hamilton, "Expression of gastric pyloric mucin, MUC6, in colorectal serrated polyps.", Mod Pathol, vol. 23, issue 2, pp. 169-76, 2010 Feb. PMCID: PMC2818151 PMID: 19855374
- López, A. Maria, A. R. Graham, G. P. Barker, L. C. Richter, E. A. Krupinski, F. Lian, L. L. Grasso, A. Miller, L. N. Kreykes, J. T. Henderson, et al., "Virtual slide telepathology enables an innovative telehealth rapid breast care clinic.", Semin Diagn Pathol, vol. 26, issue 4, pp. 177-86, 2009 Nov. PMID: 20069779
- Weinstein, R. S., A. R. Graham, L. C. Richter, G. P. Barker, E. A. Krupinski, A. Maria López, K. A. Erps, A. K. Bhattacharyya, Y. Yagi, and J. R. Gilbertson, "Overview of telepathology, virtual microscopy, and whole slide imaging: prospects for the future.", Hum Pathol, vol. 40, issue 8, pp. 1057-69, 2009 Aug. PMID: 19552937
- Martínez, M. E., R. Sampliner, J. R. Marshall, A. K. Bhattacharyya, M. E. Reid, and D. S. Alberts, "Adenoma characteristics as risk factors for recurrence of advanced adenomas.", Gastroenterology, vol. 120, issue 5, pp. 1077-83, 2001 Apr. PMID: 11266371