Dr. Wagener is a research administrator and cancer biologist with over 15 years of experience in grant administration, grant writing, award monitoring, program management, mentoring trainees, and laboratory research. At the Susan G. Komen foundation she was responsible for all aspects of research grant applications, peer review, and portfolio management. She also served as Deputy Director for the NIH Graduate Partnerships Program leading scientific, career, and professional development workshops and courses for all levels of trainees across all institutes at the NIH as part of the Office of Intramural Training and Education, in addition to managing the administrative aspects of the the graduate program.
(former name: Elisabeth L Bair)
1) Bair EL, Nagle RB. Changing Extracellular Matrix Ligands During Metastasis. In Cress AE and Nagle RB (eds), Cell Adhesion and Cytoskeletal Molecules in Metastasis, Springer Science, 2006.
2) Calaluce R, Beck S, Bair E, Pandey R, Greer K, Hoying A, Hoying J, Mount D, Nagle R. Human Laminin-5 and Laminin-10 Mediated Gene Expression of Prostate. Prostate. 66(13): 1381-90, 2006. PMID: 16804886
3) Bair EL, Nagle RB, Ulmer TA, Laferté S, Bowden GT. 90K/Mac-2 Binding Protein Is Expressed in Prostate Cancer and Induces Promatrilysin Expression. The Prostate. 66(3): 283-93, 2006. PMID: 16245278
4) Bair EL, Chen ML, McDaniel K, Sekiguchi K, Cress AE, Nagle RB, Bowden, GT. Membrane Type 1 Matrix Metalloprotease Cleaves Laminin-10 and Promotes Prostate Cancer Cell Migration. Neoplasia. 7(4): 380-9, 2005. PMID: 15967115, PMC1501144
5) Udayakumar TS, Bair EL, Nagle RB, Bowden GT. Pharmacological Inhibition of FGF Receptor Signaling Inhibits LNCaP Prostate Tumor Growth, Promatrilysin, and PSA Expression. Molecular Carcinogenesis. 38(2): 70-7, 2003. PMID: 14502646
6) Udayakumar TS, Chen ML, Bair EL, Von Bredow DC, Cress AE, Nagle RB, Bowden GT. Membrane Type-1-matrix Metalloproteinase Expressed By Prostate Carcinoma Cells Cleaves Human Laminin-5 Beta3 Chain and Induces Cell Migration. Cancer Research. 63(9): 2292-9, 2003. PMID: 12727852
7) Bair EL, Massey CP, Tran NL, Borchers AH, Heimark RL, Cress AE, Bowden GT. Integrin and Cadherin-mediated Induction of the Matrix Metalloprotease Matrilysin in Cocultures of Malignant Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cells and Dermal Fibroblasts. Experimental Cell Research. 270(2): 259-67, 2001. PMID: 11640889
8) DeRoock IB, Pennington ME, Sroka TC, Lam KS, Bowden GT, Bair EL, Cress AE. Synthetic Peptides Inhibit Adhesion of Human Tumor Cells to Extracellular Matrix Proteins. Cancer Research. 61(8): 3308-13, 2001. PMID: 11309285
NIH Office of the Director Merit Award, 2010
Department of Defense CDMRP Postdoctoral Traineeship Award, 2005
Young Pathologist Fellowship, American Society for Investigative Pathology, 2005