Multimodality therapy in the target of cancer has been the focus of Dr. Howell's training and clinical experience for various malignancies. The early development of her career was spent in translational research with direct application to the clinic with the pursuit of technological advancements. In recent years Dr. Howell has worked with her colleagues in Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology and translational sciences to apply innovative techniques and protocols to patients with soft tissue sarcomas and gastrointestinal malignancies.
- Dowdall JR, Opfermann KJ, Kim H, Lin H. A Case of Radiation-Induced Multifocal Laryngeal Angiosarcoma Presenting as a Diagnostic Dilemma. Case Reports in Otolaryngology. 2012.
- Taylor R, Opfermann K, Jones BD, Terwilliger LE, McDonald DG, Ashenafi MS, Garrett-Meyer E, Marshall DT. Comparison of Radiation Treatment Delivery for Pancreatic Cancer: Linac Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy Versus Helical Tomotherapy. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology. 2012;56(3):332-337.
- Opfermann KJ, Wahlquist A, Watkins J, Kohler M, Jenrette J. Impact of Point A Asymmetry on Local Control and Survival for Low Dose-Rate (LDR) Brachytherapy in Cervical Cancer. Journal of Contemporary Brachytherapy. 2012;4(1):3-7.
- Picard JC, Golshayan A, Marshall DT, Opfermann KJ, Keane TE. The Multi-Disciplinary Management of High-Risk Prostate Cancer. Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations. 2012;30(1):3-15.
- Opfermann KJ, Lai Z, Essenmacher L, Bolton S, Ager J, Forman JD. Intermittent Hormone Therapy in Nonmetastatic Prostate Cancer. Clinical Genitourinary Cancer. 2006;5(2):138-143.