Thomas Doetschman, PhD
The Experimental Mouse Shared Resource (EMSR) has provided expertise to The University of Arizona Cancer Center and outside investigators since 1993. Good Lab Practice (GLP) Qualified since 2012, the EMSR offers a continuum of services from initial consultation and in vivo experimental design, to Genetically Engineered Mouse (GEM) Production, Mouse Experimentation and data analysis. The EMSR enables the investigator to generate and use mouse models of human cancer to their fullest potential, utilizing the Service’s extensive knowledge and expertise at competitive pricing. The EMSR helps to develop cancer therapies that are efficient, cost effective, and clinically relevant.
The EMSR is a full-service facility, which performs preclinical experiments in a wide variety of in vivo and in vitro cancer models. The team provides technical and scientific expertise in modeling of cancer disease and assists in developing efficient, cost effective, and clinically relevant drug therapies.
Services provided by the GEM PRODUCTION UNIT:
- vector design and construction for both transgenic and gene-targeted mice
- gene-targeting in ES cells,
- screening for targeted ES cells,
- CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing,
- pronuclear and cytoplasmic zygote injections and blastocyst injection,
- screening for founder, germline chimeric and genome edited mice, and breeding for speed congenics,
- consultation on GEM colony management
- sperm cryopreservation, IVF, and embryo rederivation
Services provided by the RODENT EXPERIMENTATION UNIT:
- Animal techniques (drug testing, rodent acute toxicity and pharmacokinetics)
- Patient-derived xenograft (PDX models)
- Surgeries (orthotopic injections, ovariectomy, window chambers, etc.)
- Mouse colonies maintenance
- Cell culture
- Xenograpt and GEM models tissue bank
- IACUC protocol support
Prices: Refer to the website or call (520) 626-7401
Links to available services:
- IACUC Protocol Preparation and Experimental Design
- Cell Culture
- In Vivo Studies
- Breeding Services
- Media Program
Contact us for more information.
Login with your NetID to see:
Disclaimer: The Experimental Mouse Shared Resource will perform experiments outlined in the investigator approved experimental designs with the highest care and quality. The Experimental Mouse Shared Resource is not responsible or liable for any claims, loss or damage arising from the quality of the material (cell lines etc.) or the experimental design (drug doses, frequency, etc.) provided by the Investigator.