George Tsaprailis, PhD
The mission of the Proteomics Shared Resource (PSR) is to provide the University of Arizona Cancer Center investigators with a dedicated facility and expertise in analyzing proteins for their identity, quantity and function via state-of-the art Modern Mass Spectrometry and peripheral analytical instrumentation.
Over the past funding cycle, the PSR has performed proteomics analyses for Cancer Center members belonging to the four scientific research programs.
A variety of gel-based and solution-based proteomics services are offered at competitive rates to UACC members.
- Gel electrophoresis (achieves separation of proteins in a gel matrix)
- Protein MW determination
- Abundant protein depletion
- Protein purification
- Biomolecular interactions by surface plasmon resonance
- Sample concentration and clean-up
- Aid with experimental design and data/results interpretation
The latest mass spectrophotometers provide improved sensitivity and are listed below along with their analysis type and funding source. The available instrumentation provides good coverage of current proteomic standard technologies, including 20 a la carte services at competitive rates.
- Q Exactive Plus (Thermo); 2016 UA purchase; Dionex Nano- HPLC, nanoESI source (Thermo), HCD, Deep and Greater Proteomic Profiling
- Q Exactive Plus (Thermo); 2016 UA purchase; Dionex Vantage HPLC, ESI source (Thermo), HCD, Lipid analysis (in development)
- LTQ Orbitrap Velos (Thermo); 2009 NIH NCRR HEI; Proxeon Nano- HPLC, ESI source (Advion), CID, ETD; Proteomic Profiling, PTM identification
- 9.4t Apex FT-ICR (Bruker); 2008 NIH NCRR HEI; ESI, nano-ESI, MALDI; CID, ECD, IRMPD; high-resolution MS (available for use in CBC Mass Spectrometry Facility)
- Ultraflex III MALDI TOF-TOF (Bruker); 2008 NIH NCRR HEI; high- energy MS/MS, high-mass protein measurements (available for use in CBC Mass Spectrometry Facility)
- AmaZon 3D Ion Trap (Bruker); 2016 UA purchase; small molecule rapid MS analysis (available for use in CBC Mass Spectrometry Facility)
- Autoflex Speed MALDI-TOF (Bruker); 2016 UA purchase; high throughput MS measurements of polymers, whole proteins (available in CBC Mass Spectrometry Facility)
- 4000 QTRAP (ABI); 2006 NIH NCRR SIG; HPLC, Advion nano-HPLC, nano-ESI source (Advion), CID; PTM, targeted quantification of peptides and metabolites via MRM/SRM capabilities
- Biacore T100 SPR Biosensor; 2008 donation; molecular interactions
- Gel separation and analyses: 1D and 2D gel stations, Propic II Gel
- Imager, two digestion robots, two plate readers
- Off-line LC separation: AKTA FPLC; Michrom Paradigm LC
Prices: Refer to the website or call (520) 626-4161 or click here for a full list of prices. Prices are subject to change without notice and set by the University of Arizona Financial Services Office.