TACMASR is equipped with instruments and resources to analyze fixed and frozen human and research animal tissues and cells using techniques of routine histology, automated and manual immunostaining and optical microscopy.
- ASP6025 Tissue Processor V 2.3
- CBG Solvent Recycler for xylenes and alcohols
- Leica Histocore Arcadia C Embedder
- Microtomes (two Microm HM355S, Microm HM315, and Reichert Jung)
- Microm HM550 Cryostat
- Hematoxylin and Eosin Staining Setup
- Leica XL histologic slide stainer
- Microwave and warming oven
Immunostaining and In Situ Hybridization
- Benchmark XT Automated Immunostainer (Ventana Medical Systems, Inc, Tucson, AZ)
- Discovery ULTRA Automated Immunostainer (Ventana Medical Systems, Inc, Tucson, AZ)
- Olympus BX50 Microscope and CellSens DP72 Imaging System for brightfield and fluorescent microscopy.
- Nikkon Labophot-2 two-headed microscope for Pathology consultations
- Leica DMI6000 fully motorised inverted microscope with Hamamatsu Flash 4.0 sCMOS camera and Leica DFC450 color CCD camera
- Leica SP5-II spectral confocal microscope
TACMASR is also equipped with instruments and resources to collect, preserve, bank, and annotate biospecimens.
Acquisition and preservation of tissues and body fluids
- Dry Ice and Liquid Nitrogen supplied by UA Cryogenics
- Two Collection Carts stocked with equipment and materials to snap freeze and fix surgical or research animal tissues
- BSL2 Biosafety Cabinet
- Sorvall Legend Centrifuge
- Qiagen BioRobot EZ1 DNA/RNA Harvester and cards for isolating DNA from whole blood
Biospecimen Banking and Storage
- Twelve -80C freezers
- Refrigerators and -20C freezers
- Filing systems for glass slides and FFPE blocks
Clinical and pathological annotation of surgical biospecimens
- TissueMetrix 2.0 Biobanking Management Software is used for all of our collected material.