"The science of the causes and effects of diseases, especially the branch of medicine that deals with the laboratory examination of samples of body tissue for diagnostic or forensic purposes." - Oxford English Dictionary
TACMASR is fortunate to have board certified Pathologist and Director Dr. Witkiewicz. The availability of an experienced clinical and research Pathologist is vital for cancer research.
Dr. Witkiewicz provides:
- Pathologic and quality review of tissue samples collected by the UACC Biorepository before they are entered into the tissue bank.
- Pathologic and quality review of tissue sample cohorts requested by investigators from one of the several biobanks we access.
- Quality control and assistance with fine tuning the conditions for successful immunohistochemistry staining.
Investigators and their labs may also wish to consult with Dr. Witkiewicz for:
- Experimental design assistance.
- Evaluation and/or scoring of stained tissue.
- Assistance with designing custom tissue microarrays.
Please contact TACMASR to discuss any research project or questions you may have.